Projects at various stages of development (working titles).
- Policy Advice and the Westminster Tradition: Policy Advisory Systems in Canada, Britain, Australia, and New Zealand. With John Halligan. Under contract with Cambridge University Press.
- Issues in Canadian Governance (eds). With Amanda Clarke. In Press with Emond.
- Policy Work at the Center of Government: Policy Making and Canada’s Central Agencies.
- Policy Design in the Digital Age. With Amanda Clarke.
- Trans-boundary Policy Advisory Systems. With Matt Wilder.
- The Twin Faces of Public Sector Design. With Amanda Clarke. (Revise and Resubmit, Governance: an international journal of policy, administration, and institutions )
- Homeostatic and Thermostatic Approaches to Understanding Policy Advisory System Change. Working paper for IPSA. July 21-25, 2018 | Brisbane, Australia
- What exactly ‘is’ a central agency?
Book Chapters (under review/in press)
- Craft, J., Esselment, A. The Prime Minister’s Office, in Regional Dynamics of Institutional Change and Policy Development in the Harper Era. Farney and Simmons (eds).
- Craft, J. Canadian ‘Exempt Staffs’, in Ministers, Minders and Mandarins: An International Study of Relationships at the Executive Summit of Parliamentary Democracies. Eichbaum and Shaw (eds.).